Produce-Rich, Plant-Based Cookbook - Make Every Bite Count
My produce-rich, plant-based cookbook, Make Every Bite Count is now available on Kindle, currently selling for only $4.99!
My flagship book, originally published in 2014, was unpublished during the years we experimented with low-carb / ketogenic / hypercarnivore and our 'Meats & Sweets' dietary approaches.
For those interested, I wrote about 'what happened?' in the Updated Preface of The Macrobiotic Action Plan, and discuss in further detail in several videos on my YouTube channel.
Thankfully, around 2022-23, we received an unexpected gift that was like an answered prayer which arrived just as we were transitioning back home to our hearts in macrobiotics.
Make Every Bite Count ~ The SASSY ~ Super Affordable, Simple, Satisfying and Yummy Produce-Rich, Plant-Based Path to Health is a 5-Point Plan to help you whether you want to learn how to incorporate a more plant-forward diet, or ensure that you are eating a healthy plant-based vegan diet with a balance of nutrients and components shown to help with safe, healthy weight loss, disease prevention, more balanced energy and moods, and improved vitality and overall health.
![]() |
| 2014 Edition of MEBC |

.png)

.png)
It's the top and bottom reviews I would like to quickly address.
Dr. D.: "Most sensible WFPB book I've enjoyed in a while. Her thoughts on a bit more plant-based protein and slightly higher fat is making a difference. My meals keep with me for much longer. Her common sense approach is much appreciated."
Exactly what I am wanting to get across! And why I never became a #SOS- Salt, Oil & Sugar-Free plant-based dieter. As you'll read in my books, being very low-fat and low-sodium was most likely one of the primary reasons we ended our plant-based diet after five years - then thankfully restored a vegan / plant-based macrobiotic diet.
N. Pedret Anton of the UK: "Very informative but a bit too long I would say. Not easy to follow through."
Another bullseye! This is exactly what I updated in the second edition of Make Every Bite Count!
The excess was removed, and the 5-Point MEBC Diet Plan is now much more clear and easy to follow! I would love to find N. Pedret Anton to send him an updated version of Make Every Bite Count - if anyone knows a way to send a message to a reviewer on Amazon, please leave me a comment below!
What you'll find in Make Every Bite Count, Produce-Rich, Plant-Based Cookbook
I have updated Make Every Bite Count (MEBC) to clarify the Diet Plan, while keeping it as short and succinct as possible, with just enough evidence-based nutritional discussions to help readers be confident that a produce-rich, plant-based or plant-forward diet can easily satisfy all of one's needs.
All but 1 of the 5 Main Principles of the MEBC Diet Plan feature what you will add to your diet, versus what I want you to remove. I suggest 2 servings each of 5 food categories (or 2x5) that you add at your pace.
Only one of the 5 principles recommends limiting a particular type of food that may be an unwitting source of digestive challenges, that being super dry crunchy salty snacks, and other dry foods, like baked goods. (I explain why, and what type of person may better handle dry foods in the book.)
MEBC contains over 150 recipes, 2 7-Day Meal Plans, an aisle by aisle shopping guide and charts to help you learn simple substitutions that will elevate your choices, plus a break down of all the different vegetable and food groups highlighting their primary nutritional strengths, recommended servings, and best ways to prepare and enjoy each category.
I wrote MEBC while living in the desert southwest. As a result of the hot dry climate, we consumed a lot more fruit and raw vegetables. The recipes reflect this. A produce-rich, plant-based diet higher in fruits and raw vegetables are especially cleansing after years of consuming heavier and richer meat-based diets.
My Produce-Rich, Plant-Based Cookbook contains recipes for delicious smoothies, including my Refreshing Recharge Smoothies, loaded with greens - which by the way, is very similar to the smoothies Dr. Brooke Goldner promotes for her autoimmune protocol.
You'll also find fun sweet & savory fruit salads that blend fruits with salad vegetables, fruit Nice Cream, several homemade raw dressings, a variety of delicious bean and vegetable soups, Big Bowls, Veggie Sushi, tofu dishes, porridge recipes, pasta dishes, my awesome 'raw balls' (energy bites) and more.
Although our current way of eating is more macrobiotic ~ especially as we now live in a more 4-season, temperate climate ~ you'll find an abundance of recipes for whole grains, a delicious and unique variety of porridge recipes, beans, soups, greens and more in both The Macrobiotic Action Plan, Your MAP to Greater Health & Happiness, and Basic Macrobiotic Menus & Recipes, Simple, Natural, Beautiful Food to Balance Body & Mind.
In MEBC, I share exactly WHO most benefits from a more fruit-heavy diet, and WHO does not, along with WHEN a diet of more raw fruits and vegetables is beneficial, and when more cooked foods would be better for maintaining a strong, healthy immune system.

MEBC is more than just a produce-rich, plant-based cookbook.
Throughout the book I share tips for healthy safe weight loss, tips for helping achieve your goals, whether health related or not, 4 basic but important lifestyle practices we should all be following, color photos of several of the SASSY ~ super affordable, simple, satisfying and yummy ~ recipes, and more.
A simple, affordable diet is one you enjoy that you can adapt to your needs, and maintain for life.
Here's my video discussing Make Every Bite Count ~ The SASSY ~ Produce-Rich, Plant-Based Path to Health.
I hope you'll check out my flagship book, or any of my other revised and re-published Macrobiotic Books and Cookbooks, now available.
You'll see reviews on my original publication of Make Every Bite Count, here.


Read more about my books:
- Brief Description of all my Produce-Rich, Plant-Based and Macrobiotic Cookbooks
- More about Make Every Bite Count ~ The SASSY ~ Produce-Rich, Plant-Based Path to Health
- The Macrobiotic Action Plan, Your MAP to Greater Health & Happiness
- Basic Macrobiotic Menus & Recipes, Simple, Natural, Beautiful Food to Balance Body & Mind











Comments
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear from you!